Students & Parents
Hi, I'm Will Bridges. I've been in programming and web development for 19 years. I started building websites when I was 14 years old.
Lately, I've been working on curriculum for children to learn programming and have been testing it on my own children to see if I could develop
an easy and fun way to teach children programming. I think I've come up with something engaging and interesting to teach kids. Whether or not your children want to make a career of programming it still helps to build critical
thinking skills and can help to demystify computers.
My goal is to teach your children how fun it can be to produce on a computer instead of just consume. Initially I'm working on coming up with
pricing and a schedule for the class. Here's the details I have so far:
- I will be teaching only one class initially.
- Children from 8-14 years old will be accepted. I may do a class for younger children at the beginning of 2018 so please still signup below if your child is younger than 8 years old.
- Class registration is first come first serve. I will accept no more than 8 children for this first class. The first parents to signup and pay a deposit will be accepted.
- Each class will be 90 minutes long.
- Class will start the week over October 9th. A specific date/time will be chosen based on the survey below.
- You will be able able to choose $50, $75, or $100 per class depdening on what you can afford.
- We will be using the programming language "Ruby" to teach the kids.
- The class will last 8 weeks with one class per week. A total of 8 classes.
- The class will require your child has a laptop that they can bring with them. Mac is preferred but not required.
- We will be using Repl.it to allow coding through the browser so they don't need special software.
- We will have assignments between classes but we will try to make them light and fun.